Sunday, November 15, 2015

A-Problematic-Love-CR-Graph

★ A Problematic Love Synopsis

Eight years after her fiancé was murdered, attorney Megan Kole has fully reconciled two areas of her life: her intelligent and precocious son who never knew his father and the thriving law practice that is her late father's legacy. The remainder of Megan's world stalled in a paralyzing grief that she effectively compartmentalized until a transfer to Seattle brings a handsome but deeply mysterious billionaire into her life.

A-Problematic-Love-Gold-rim
Daemon Ros has been an outcast since the day he was born. His parent's cold indifference and their lavish but emotionally vacant lifestyle prompted him to assert his financial independence from a young age. Adoration for his ailing brother is the only connection he allows to penetrate the vault he has built around his heart, until a devoted mom and her enchanting son introduce him the true meaning of family bonds.   

But a chance legal encounter where Megan acts as mediator in a Ros family business dispute leads to far more than either expected. When a shocking truth leads to a love affair between Megan and Daemon that is forbidden in every conceivable way, the barely-restrained chemistry that scorches between them threatens an injunction on everything and everyone they hold dear. As pasts cross, memories threaten and lies surface in a trial far more deadly than anything inside a courtroom, an arbitration of the heart could prove the only way for them both to make it out alive. 
 




★ A Problematic Love Excerpt - Their first encounter…  



Late the next evening, the setting sun fills my office with a warm glow. I might appreciate the Puget Sound views from my twenty-sixth floor office if I wasn’t in a verbal sparring match on the phone with Daemon Ros’s assistant.  


“Mr. Kang, this is unacceptable. Your legal department won’t respond to my calls, and now you’re telling me that Mr. Ros has specifically directed you and his staff not to speak to me?” I wait for an answer but he says nothing. “I would have expected more from a man with such stature. Does Mr. Ros always hide behind his employees this way?”  

“Ms. Kole, I… I apologize, but he’s my boss. I have to respect his wishes. I wanted to acknowledge that we received your calls and emails and messages and let you know where things stand.”

I sense I’ve made this man very uncomfortable. Good. Uncomfortable leads to results. “Please do me a favor and deliver this message to your elusive boss.” 

 A Problematic Love Teaser 8 HS


“Okay.”  

“Verbatim. Tell him he needs to start growing some testicular fortitude and stop shadowing you and the rest of his employees. At the very least, he could have some class and dignify my client’s request with a personal response.”  

He gasps then another male voice comes across. “Ms. Kole, this is Daemon Ros.”  

My heart skips a beat at his announcement. His voice is smoky, pleasant on the ears; his tone is firm and strong. He has an indistinct accent, maybe European. Makes me wonder about the man behind the voice.

I’m surprised to hear him at the end of the line. If I had known insulting his manhood would get a prompt response, I would have done it long ago.  

“Vulgarity won’t get you what you want,” he continues tersely.  

“I’ve respectfully tried to reach you through the appropriate lines of communication with no response. I called and sent you repeated emails, left messages at all your contact numbers, and reached out to your legal department—all to no avail. I had to take it to the next level.”  

“Are you always this persistent?”  

“I’m paid to be relentless not to sit on my ass and expect things to happen. I make things happen.”  

“It’s obvious that you are completely oblivious to the kind of man my father really is,” he says, his voice completely void of emotion. “Sure you want to be making things happen for him?”  

“Your father prefers to settle this matter out of court.”  

“Is that what he told you?” he chuckles, his words stained with more than a hint of sarcasm.  

“Well, I hate to be the one to tell you this Ms. Kole, but that’s the only way he will get me to turn over any shares of this company to him. Looks like you’ll be busy. Start the paperwork.”  

“You don’t mince words, Mr. Ros.”  

“And I didn’t mince words with my father’s legal department the last time I spoke to them,” he replies coolly. “He wanted his shares back, and I said I wouldn’t sell.”  

“Your father was adamant about settling this amicably.” I lie. “Can we meet and discuss this, with your father and your legal counsel present? Perhaps over lunch? My treat.” I aim for charming. I hope I don’t sound like I’m begging.  

“Ms. K—”  

“Mr. Ros. Anywhere. Name the place and time, and we’ll be there. It would be so much better if we could all sit and talk and come to some sort of agreement about this. Think of all the time and money saved if we avoid court.”  

“He can take me to court if he wants,” he says vehemently. “He has no legal grounds. I obtained those shares legally.”  

“Mr. Ros, you’ve never shown any interest in running this company with your father, yet you now have controlling interest. I sense there is more to this. Why are you doing this? What exactly is it that you want?”  

Silence fills the line. I’m not sure if it’s because I touched a nerve or because he’s thinking. I lower my voice. “Please. Let’s talk. I know your time is valuable, and you’d prefer to spend your days running your business and enjoying your family instead of rounding up witnesses, meeting lawyers and all the other complications and delays that happens with the courts. Reaching an agreement is less stressful on all parties involved.”  

“Let me think about it. In a few days, someone will contact you with my decision.”  


Yes! I hope that decision is to meet, because if it’s not, I have no idea how I can legally get my client those shares back. Might this be the first case I lose?    



Cover-Reveal-Giveaway-Blue


★ Social Media Links
RR-logo-Button
APL-GR-TBA-Button
APL-FB-Like-Button
RR-FB-Like-Button
APL-TW-Foll-Button



1 comment: